Overview of Module
- Module 1 is a coaching module of the IMPACT-6: Wellbeing and Resilience Skills Modules, an application module of the IMPACT Program.
- This modules introduces best-practice and foundational content related to wellbeing, resilience and PERMA.
- IMPACT Coaches can access the learning content for the six IMPACT-6 Modules here.
Module Learning Competencies (Growth Intent)
The broad growth intent or learning outcome of this modules is that "Trainees can articulate wellbeing in their own terms and link it to what they feel, think and do, and develop a PERMA map of how the five PERMA elements are expressed in their life.
This is broken down into the following building blocks of growth intent:
- Grow awareness of how the term ‘wellbeing’ can be understood and described in many different ways.
- Grow awareness that wellbeing is something we experience through thoughts (think), feelings (feel) and actions (do).
- Grow awareness of why wellbeing is important for us to consider.
- Grow awareness that PERMA (and the five elements) is a simple way for us to understand and improve our wellbeing
- Grow the mindset “wellbeing is something I value and can improve and strengthen”
Module Resources, Videos and Linkages ("How")
IMPACT Coaches are encouraged to draw upon their own wisdom, strengths and creativity in "how" they deliver this module. The following are potential "how" resources that can be applied in the teaching of this module.
- LBI Foundation Resource: IMPACT Module 1 - includes video reflective exercises and handouts (adult/youth resource)
- Professor Martin Seligman Conference Talk - 4 minute video (adult/youth resource)
- Overview of What Leads to Happiness (Scientific Lens) - 4 minute video (adult/youth resource)
- Inside-Out Video Trailer - Exploring "Thoughts" Behind Actions - 2 minute video (child/youth/adult resource)
- PERMA Factsheet - LBI Foundation factsheet on different ways the PERMA elements can be expressed (youth/adult resource)
- Names for Wellbeing - LBI Foundation powerpoint for printing and further editing (child/youth/adult resource)
"What-What-How" Teaching/Coaching Plans
The delivery of this module is designed to be personalised to local context, as supported by a What-What-How teaching or coaching plan (for template click here). Sample and example plans can be found here: